Did you know that back pain is one of the most common issues people have at some point in their lives, significantly lower back pain? The lumbar spine consists of bones, joints, nerves, ligaments, and muscles that support the upper body’s weight and provide the ability to bend and twist. This complex nature of the spine can make it difficult to decipher what exactly hurts and may require medical attention, such as a low back pain doctor in midtown. Contact First Health Physical Therapy to learn more about how we can help out with our services today!
See below for the causes of lower back pain, such as:
- Muscle or ligament strain
- Bulging or ruptured disks
Visit Our Low Back Pain Doctor in Midtown If Your Pain:
- Persists past 3-4 weeks
- It is severe and does not improve after extended rest
- Spreads down both legs
- Causes weakness, numbing or tingling
- It is accompanied by unexplained weight loss
Luckily, you can take steps to prevent lower back pain, such as exercise and building muscle strength. There are other treatments to help lessen and eliminate pain. Multiple treatments are available depending on what is causing your back pain.
- Medications– Medications either prescribed or over the counter can be just enough to ease the pain. You may be prescribed muscle relaxers, narcotics, or over-the-counter medicines in conjunction with rest to ease your pain.
- Physical Therapy– This is a standard treatment for back pain to strengthen your lower back. Your lower back is responsible for the mobility of your upper body and holding it up when you sit and stand, so ensuring it is strong will not only ease your pain now but help prevent future injuries. A low back pain doctor in midtown will refer you to an office, such as First Health Physical Therapy.
- Surgery– This would be recommended for more serious injuries such as a herniated disk or other issues that physical therapy could not resolve. There may be other procedures available for your pain, depending on the issue.
First Health Physical Therapy – Low Back Pain Doctor in Midtown
Back pain is one of the most common issues people have at some point in their lives, significantly lower back pain. Don’t let back pain affect your daily life, as it’s essential to do the things that you love to do the most! If you’re looking for a low back pain doctor in midtown, contact First Health Physical Therapy today!