Treating back pain with home remedies can offer temporary relief. Back pain can be caused by sitting in an uncomfortable position for hours or something more serious. Unfortunately, sometimes the pain can be a result of a herniated disc. Contact First Health PT, a low back pain doctor in midtown. Some of the symptoms of a herniated disc are:
- Increase in pain – sometimes it takes a while for a herniated disc to result in pain. It may start as sourness but then turns to chronic pain.
- Pain in new areas – a herniated disc can be pressing on a nerve causing the pain to spread.
- Chronic pain – the pain experienced from the herniated disc can lead to chronic pain, becoming a problem.
- Herniated disc – is considered soft tissue damage since the disc itself is deemed to be soft tissue. Depending on the severity of the herniated disc, surgery can be done to restore proper function.
Ways To Treat and Prevent a Herniated Disc.
- To help with the pain over the counter pain relief would be recommended.
- Cortizone injection if the pain does not subside with over-the-counter pain relief.
- Muscle relaxers might be prescribed to you if you are having muscle spasms.
- A physical therapist can show you different exercises and positions to lessen the pain.
- Applying heat and cold presses to gain comfort.
- Avoid bed resting too much.
- Chiropractictors – spinal manipulation can bring relief for about a month.
- Acupuncture- though the results are minimal. Acupuncture can yield some ease in chronic back and neck pain.
- Massage – can provide short-term relief.
How To Prevent Herniated Disc With Treatment
- Sit with you back up straight
- When standing for an extended period, rest your foot on a stool to take pressure off your back
- When lifting, lift with your legs in a squatting position.
- Don’t smoke since it can harden arteries which can damage disks in the spine.
Visit First Health PT’s low back pain doctor in midtown to see how we can help today!
How Our Low Back Pain Doctor in Midtown Can help?
We offer orthopedic and sports medicine physical therapy. We treat low back pain doctor midtown be it a chronic pain or a herniated disc. Our very experienced physical therapist will form a dedicated treatment to help you seek the relief you need. Contact First Health PT, a low back pain doctor in midtown. To book an appointment or learn more about our services, visit our website today!